Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Meriquai Falls - The Writing

I've been spending the last week really cranking into my writing on Meriquai Falls.  Well, more appropriately, I've been sinking my teeth into learning MS Publisher so that I can make Meriquai Falls look halfway professional. I know people will insist that I should be using PageMaker or InDesign or Quark or whatever. But I'm jobless and "real" DTP software doesn't come cheap. MS Publisher is a lot less expensive (since I already own a copy) and is a lot easier to use than Scribus (the freeware DTP software).

I've been having a lot of fun learning how to work with text boxes, pictures, master pages and a lot more. But I know I could be doing a lot more. I kinda wish I could afford to take a class on DTP software, but... ah, well.

Now that I have the MS Publisher document set up the way I want, it's now time to buckle down and do the actual writing. And now that I've officially quit World of Warcraft, I can focus on that writing.

Right? Right?

Ooooooh!  Pretty butterflies!

No comments:

Post a Comment